Vetiver Hydrosol: What Is It, Uses And Benefits
Not many people know that amongst a wide range of skincare and beauty products, there lies a product that is not only beneficial for your skin, but has properties that can significantly improve and enhance your mental health as well. This product is vetiver hydrosol, which is obtained by the steam distillation of vetiver, more commonly known in India as “khus”. Vetiver is extremely popular in Ayurveda. It is an aromatic, fragrant grass that has been used for its amazing fragrance in cosmetic products, cooking, and even stress-relieving meditations since time immemorial. Whenever the word “Ayurveda” comes into the picture, you can have blind trust in the product, knowing with a guaranteed assurance that it is completely natural and organic. Read on to find out the numerous benefits of vetiver hydrosol, a hidden gem that has roots in Ayurvedic healing.
Vetiver water benefits for skin
Vetiver benefits for skin are uncountable. It acts as a multipurpose product for your skin. Right from being a toner for your skincare routine to acting like an aftershave for all the men out there, vetiver has it all covered under one small bottle. Pure vetiver hydrosol water proves to be extremely advantageous, literally a “boon” for your skin in many ways:
- It has hydrating properties for your skin. You can now say goodbye to dry skin and bid it farewell, as your skin is going to be hydrated and moisturized at all times after you start using vetiver water for your face.
- It leaves your skin feeling calm, cool, and free of stress. You should use it before kick-starting your day and after a long day to experience its refreshing benefits.
- It acts as an astringent. We have all brought bottles and bottles of astringent to make our skin feel firm and sturdy. Now your go-to bottle of vetiver can do the same job, while also balancing the pH level of your skin.
- For all the men who struggle to find the perfect aftershave for themselves, bid a farewell to rough skin and razor cuts as you make vetiver hydrosol your new aftershave. Having an organic base, it acts as a natural form of aftershave as it has antiseptic properties. Whether or not you get shaving cuts, it is going to come to your rescue and give your skin a smooth texture and hydrate your shaved skin. The antiseptic properties also help in preventing any infection which may occur and fights irritation and inflammation.
- It is a must-use product during the summer season as it prevents itching and inflammation.
- It can also be used as a spray mist. The aroma of vetiver has healing properties and will relax your mind and body instantly as soon as you inhale its fragrance.
Benefits of vetiver hydrosol
Vetiver turns out to be extremely effective in the form of hydrosol. In order to completely understand how vetiver hydrosol works, it is important to understand the properties and usage of hydrosols, and how they are obtained. Hydrosols are obtained from hydrodistillation, a process of steam distillation of herbs. They are also known as floral waters, herbal waters, and essential waters. Vetiver hydrosol is hence obtained by the steam distillation of khus, and its healing properties, effectiveness, and benefits turn out to be a paradise for you.
- Vetiver hydrosol has the therapeutic properties that are present in vetiver essential oil. But the advantage is that they are present in the hydrosol a lesser concentrated form.
- You can easily bid farewell to summertime skin problems since vetiver hydrosol is very famous for its cooling, grounding, and healing properties.
- Talking about summertime, it’s the time when you’re most prone to encounter inflammation. With the hydrosol’s anti-inflammatory properties, your body will cool down and it will help to reduce blemishes, pimples, and rashes.
- It is also antiseptic and will help in healing scars, stretch marks, and areas infected by inflammation.
- In countries like India, where the heat takes a huge toll on our skin, producing dryness, collecting sweat which leads to infections, and dehydrating every cell in your body, vetiver hydrosol acts as a moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated and cslean at all times.
Vetiver toner benefits
With its multipurpose nature, vetiver hydrosol can also be used as a toner. It has all the properties that toner has and can provide your skin with the nourishment that it deserves during your skincare routine in the following ways:
- It reduces the oiliness in your pores.
- Its anti-aging properties allow it to penetrate deep inside your pores and shrink them, thereby making your skin feel tighter.
- It hydrates and moisturizes your skin and diligently fights dryness.
- Its anti-oxidant nature is extremely helpful in replenishing your skin post-cleansing.
To experience the multi-faceted benefits of vetiver hydrosol, check out our Pure Vetiver Hydrosol now!