Turmeric is the bright yellow spice we commonly use everyday in our Indian cuisine. But has it got something to do with our skin? Chances are high that you have seen a reel on Instagram telling you to include turmeric in your skincare regime. Well, they’re not wrong. Turmeric is an excellent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredient that works wonders for your skin. Knowing this, what is to stop you from reaching the turmeric you have in your kitchen and making a mask out of it?
Well, the answer is not that straightforward. While you can use turmeric powder directly, its benefits are less pronounced than turmeric oil extract. Turmeric oil extract packs with it the true goodness of turmeric. It is more concentrated and, thus, more effective when topically applied to the skin. A few drops of turmeric oil extract are more absorbable and work faster than a homemade DIY turmeric mask. But what does turmeric really do for your skin? Let’s find out:
1. Combats acne: bid farewell to your stubborn acne with the help of turmeric extract. Turmeric has anti-fungal and antiseptic properties, which help dry the pimples and prevent further acne breakouts.
2. Rejuvenates skin: does your skin lack lustre and natural glow? You are not alone. Pollution, dehydration and poor lifestyle choices have collectively brought down the radiance of your skin. Let turmeric oil be your solution to dull skin. Just Mix a few drops of turmeric oil with a carrier oil such as olive oil or castor oil. Apply it to your face and neck every night, and your skin will thank you.
3. Fights ageing: If you’re struggling with fine lines and premature wrinkles, turmeric oil can help. Turmeric is rich in antioxidants and has tightening and toning properties. Thus, it can help diminish signs of ageing. Make sure you use it with a carrier oil, such as almond oil, which also helps to reduce signs of ageing.
4. Corrects marks and spots: Skin pigmentation and marks can be diminished using the goodness of turmeric oil. With regular use, turmeric oil targets the skin area that needs repair from within and improves skin texture. Always use a carrier oil alogwith such as olive oil for the best results.
5. Lightens dark circles: Again, due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, turmeric helps reduce darkness under the eyes. Apply a few drops of turmeric oil (combined with a suitable carrier oil) to the dark area overnight, and you will see visible brightness in just a few weeks.
6. Reduces stretch marks: Stretch marks result from skin stretching due to weight loss, exercise or pregnancy. They can appear on the thighs, stomach, shoulders, breasts or other parts. Turmeric extract has been proven to have skin-lightening properties. Instead of using harsh chemicals, you can reduce them naturally by applying turmeric oil. Massage the oil for 2 to 3 minutes an hour before the bath, and you’ll be amazed by the results.
7. Promotes aromatherapy: Turmeric oil extract has a lovely earthy scent with a fanbase of its own. It is widely used therapeutically to mitigate discomfort and bring about an element of satisfaction. Massage a few drops on your skin or put a few drops in warm water and soak your feet in it to allow the aroma of turmeric to soothe your senses.
Are you wondering where you can get the best-undiluted turmeric oil extract? Look no further. Kzen brings to you only the most genuine natural skin care products, which are cruelty-free and vegan. With Kzen’s turmeric oil extract in Radiance Face Oil, you too can experience the skin benefits mentioned above.
We are not just limited to this. Kzen is your one-stop destination for the best natural skin care products online. Head to our skincare range and discover an organic and natural way of taking care of your skin.